Discover more from Budi's Newsletter
Doing vs consuming
I will run the first cohort of workshop this month.
I’ll run the first cohort of workshop this month.
In this workshop, I minimize the lectures. You know, that one person talking in front of the class. A lecture for 5-10 minutes makes sense. But a one-hour lecture? That’s boring.
Together with ten people who want to grow and level up. We’ll practice in the next six weeks. So, here’s how it works.
Self-paced because everyone learns at a different pace. They can find the best time to consume the material before the live class.
Practice. Only 10% of students' time is for consuming. We'll dedicate the rest of the 90% to doing this. Practice is where the learning is. Practice is about doing things you never did before. It’s not going to be easy. But practice is a small step toward mastery.
Live class. Then, at the end of the week, we'll meet in the Zoom class and exercise together. The class focuses on applying the concept. Not me talking.
Implement. Whenever they’re ready, they will apply it to their work. After the workshop, they still get support because they can post questions on the community portal.
We’ll practice product execution. These ten people are on the journey to level up how they build the feature. We’ll discuss how to define the feature strategy and how to talk to users.
Cheers for the new year.
P.S. I’m still beta testing this workshop. If you’re interested, let me know. I will let you know when I open the next cohort.